Nutrition is fundamental to achieving our health goals and helping us to become the ultimate versions of ourselves. Some of us may struggle to sift through the mountains of information on health and nutrition, often leaving us confused and making the wrong decisions in our diets
Health expert and Ultimate You Change Centre Founder, Andy Anderson, has built his business based on the ‘Three Pillars Model of Change Methodology’, which are mind, nutrition and training. “Each of these pillars need to be holistically encompassed in your health routine in order for you to achieve optimal wellbeing. As nutrition makes up for 80% of our body composition outcomes, we can’t let it slide when we are trying get on the right track with our health,” says Andy.
See below Andy’s 12 must-know nutrition facts that are guaranteed to surprise and educate you:
- Asparagus is high in Glutathione, which has cancer fighting benefits and is a good source of vitamins A, C AND E, B complex vitamins, Potassium and Zinc.
- Avocados are a rich monounsaturated fat, which is vital for energy. They also have twice the potassium of bananas. Say goodbye to fatty food cravings!
- Green tipped bananas are higher in starch than yellow bananas. We’re sure the yellow bananas are green with envy!
- Celery is the best vegetable source of naturally occurring sodium
- Broccoli contains two times the amount of vitamin C than an orange and almost as much calcium as whole milk, and the calcium is better absorbed by your body. Time to start eating this underrated green!
- Cilantro has been shown to be useful in treating Urinary Tract Infections. Food really is medicine.
- Chicory can help diabetics regulate their blood sugar because it contains insulin.
- Chinese cabbage is an effective anti-inflammatory aid.
- Dandelion has digestive benefits and is an antiviral that may be helpful in the treatment of aids and herpes.
- Fennel contains the antioxidant flavonoid quercetin.
- Fresh beans contain Vitamin A, B Complex vitamins, Calcium and Potassium.
- Kale has been shown to ease lung congestion and is beneficial to the liver, stomach and immune system. It also contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin which protects the eyes from macular degeneration. What a sight for sore eyes!