Weber, the iconic barbecue brand loved by Aussies, is joining forces with leading food rescue organisation OzHarvest to recreate an Australian icon, the famous sausage sizzle. Together they are inviting Aussies across the nation to join them in-store on Saturday the 9th of November to experience the new gourmet sausage sizzle and raise funds for 60,000 meals to support people in need.
Putting their tongs together, Weber and OzHarvest have combined their shared passion for local communities to create a sausage with a purpose. Designed in collaboration between Laura Romeo, Weber’s first Grill Expert in the southern hemisphere and Travis Harvey, Executive Chef at OzHarvest, the gourmet roll takes on the classic sausage sizzle and was inspired by a Weber spiced lamb recipe. “We’re making the sausage sizzle cool again. We’ve taken an old Aussie classic and given it a modern twist with Australian lamb. We have some of the best produce on our doorstep and we wanted to hero those contemporary Aussie flavours…. plus, we won’t tell you where to put the onions” Laura Romeo, Weber Grill
Not only will you be able to get your hands on the delicious roll in your local Weber Store but a handful of stores across the nation will also host Weber Store Masterclass sessions to help you up your barbecue game before summer.
“In addition to learning some serious barbeque skills, Weber will also show you how to use up your leftovers to create additional dishes, so no good food goes to waste” Travis Harvey, OzHarvest Executive Chef. The ultimate sausage sizzle experience will be hosted at participating Weber Stores on Saturday the 9th of November. Hungry visitors and passionate sausage lovers can expect to enjoy; ‘Feed for a Fiver’ gourmet sausages, ‘Weber Store Masterclass’ sessions, tips on how to prevent food waste and added feel-good factor for helping those in need:
• Feed for a Fiver: For the donation of a $5 note, guests will be able to enjoy a gourmet lamb sausage, with incredible caramelised onion, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and fruit chutney flavours, on a Baker’s Delightsoft roll with, grated cheese, onion and a selection of Weber’s secret sauces crafted with ingredients straight from the barbecue. All proceeds will go to OzHarvest.
• Weber Store Masterclass: Select Weber stores will host masterclass sessions as presented by Weber’s elite team of experienced barbecuers. The Masterclasses are free to book via Eventbrite and the three unique sessions will include:
▪ ‘The Ultimate Charcoal Roast Chicken’
▪ ‘How to Master the Perfect Steak’
▪ ‘How to Barbecue Vegetables for the Ultimate Flavour
For every online booking made Weber will donate two meals to vulnerable communities through OzHarvest. Each guest will take away recipe cards which details how to create additional dishes using the leftover ingredients.
“As family owned and operated businesses, local communities are extremely important to Weber Stores. Nothing brings Aussie’s together like an iconic sausage sizzle, and we are proud to create a day that will see
people connect for a good cause” Daniel Pike, Weber National Marketing Manager, Australia & New Zealand.